Here's the firewheel mosaic I did a few months ago.
I finished the other side yesterday. I thought using red grout in the flower part would look fantastic, but I think it just washes the tiles out.
I was so convinced two colors of grout would look cool that I Photoshopped in a little black to see what it would look like if just the very center were red.
Not much better.
So all-black grout it is! Which is fine because it's going to be a lot easier to do.
Now I have to measure the step I want to do the firewheel mural on, lay out the design, and start tiling on mesh. This is going to be a very long-term project, I think.